Quality Products, Leading-Edge Technology & Reasonable Prices
When Lumax was founded in 2009, we started off with most of the company operations automated, which allowed us to rather spend our time on technology, research and product development.
This tactic paid off – today Lumax is directed and operated by a handful of qualified staff, and we still manage to minimise our costs and deliver exceptional value to our customers.
Significant growth and ongoing demand for our products has enabled us to focus on the wholesale and distribution markets.
Our product range consists of LED (Light Emitting Diode) solutions – from bulbs and downlights to flood lights, high bays, strip lights and more.
Initially, the South African market was introduced to poor-quality LED products, renowned for very poor light, inappropriate colouring or unaffordable high prices. This unfortunate state of affairs in the lighting market motivated us to source LED technology with:
- Enough power to compare well with conventional filament light bulbs
- Maximum luminous efficiency (Lumens/ Watt)
- Desirable colours and colour stability
- Reasonable prices
Our imported products are also distributed to the US and European markets, where they are being used on a large scale with huge success.
All of our products are CE and RoHS certified, and comply with South African safety requirements, as specified in IEC60598. As the local market develops and additional compliance requirements are defined, we are committed to continuously keeping our products in line with regulations.
To ensure quality of life today, and for generations to come, through efficiency and energy saving.
To research, source and promote leading-edge clean energy technology at the best possible price.
- Environmental friendly. LED lights consumes +- 10% the power of traditional lighting.
- Solid state, thus not sensitive jarring or bumping.
- No heat build-up. LED’s produce 3,500 joule/hour, compared to 90,000 joule/hour for incandescent lamps.
- Mercury-free manufacturing.
- Not sensitive to frequent ON-OFF switching.
- Whole spectrum of colours available.
- Remote use with solar panels becomes viable with very low power consumption.
- Lucrative return on investment. Although LED’s have a higher initial cost, it has a quick payback period due to electricity saving.
- Insignificant maintenance cost, as there’s no need for frequent replacement.
2nd Generation: SMD (Surface Mount Device/Diode)
3rd Generation: High Power SMD
4th Generation: COB, MCOB and MCCOB LEDs (Multiple Chips On Board)
It is therefore important to rather compare products in terms of the actual light they produce, expressed by the total luminous flux with the unit Lumen [Lm]. This unit describes the total light emitted from a source in all directions, i.e. not the light passing through a given surface area described by units like Lux and Candela. For both Lux and Candela one has to consider distance from a source to make comparisons.